Saturday, January 24, 2009

Ladies and gentlemen. . . .

Christa and Brigham Dastrup proudly announce the arrival of their third baby boy at 4:10pm on January 24th, 2009. My friends, we may be experienced at this birthing business, but it never loses its beauty and wonder.

Christa was absolutely amazing!! Let me repeat--absolutely amazing. She went through the entire process with elegance and serenity, despite an epidural that definitely didn't provide quite the level of anesthesia she had with rounds one and two.

BB#3 did quite well himself. He was a bit blue for a little while, but pinked up pretty well with a bit of oxygen. He weighs 7lbs. 3 oz. (another family record) and has a moderate amount of light brown hair. His length is not known to me at this time.

Unfortunately, despite all of your help, a name has not been finalized at this time. Keep your votes and suggestions coming. Now that we have a face to put to the name perhaps we'll be more successful.

15 comments:

  1. And Congrats!! Welcome to this brave new world, Ace Dastrup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot dang! Another beautiful little child to brighten up my life! Good job guys. It sounds like everything is going well for which I'm thankful. Can't wait to see some pictures of the wee man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juli also says congratulations and etc. When do we get a picture?
    Remember how dark Jacob's mop was? That was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WAHOO! Congratulations!!!! I am so excited for your family. I'm happy to hear that I have a new newphew! I'm happy that everyone is doing well, even if the epidural was less than it should have been.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man...your blog time is set for West coast time so everything is off by an hour, but that's OK.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! Congratulations! I am excited to get to know my new nephew whatever his name may be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATULATIONS!!! He's so so beautiful, I can hardly stand it! And the spitting image of his two older brothers. Oh, and Christa - PLEASE, you do NOT look like you just gave birth! The envy of all women, including myself. :) I'm so happy it went well --- we've been thinking about you guys all day long! Happy Birthday Ty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jeremy wants to tell you that Jeremy Dastrup is a good looking kid. Hmmm . . . Whatever you name him- he is blessed to come down to your family. Fantastic parents, great brothers, and a wonderful network of extended family and friends. Christa you are my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have all tried to post our joy and congratulations, but our comments keep being rejected.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! I showed Kiera the pictures and she said the baby was cute. I'm so glad that he is apparently fine (for the time being). I hope all goes well with feeding the litle lad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 3rd son of a 3rd son of a 3rd child?

    Ross B Dastrup III (bring back the middle name initial, that boy's got some Salina in him)

    Hooray for RBD3

    ReplyDelete
  13. he looks like a Mckay to me...and so cute! another nephew for me to love on! i'm glad everything worked out! love buff

    ReplyDelete